Monday, February 23, 2015

Are There Mistakes in Your Credit Report?

Get a free credit report and fix your credit errors

If there are mistakes in your credit report, it could be costing you money. 

Credit errors can lower your credit score and in turn increase the interest rates you pay on loans and lines of credit as well as increase your insurance costs.

Here are some things to think about and some things you should do immediately to verify your credit report.

First, get your credit report.  The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires each of the nationwide credit reporting companies — Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion — to provide you with a free copy of your credit report, at your request, once every 12 months. Visit or call 1-877-322-8228.  They will need your name, address, Social Security number, and date of birth. 

1) If your credit report error involves identity theft (you see credit card accounts you didn't open or loans you didn’t take out), call each of the three credit reporting bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion) and ask them to put a fraud alert on your file. Then, fill out a Federal Trade Commission identity theft report and call the police to report the theft. The FTC and police reports help prove you had your identity stolen.

2) If you find errors on your report, complain.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease so don't let up. Grab a note book and a folder and get started disputing errors on your credit report. Call you credit card companies, your loan and mortgage companies and the credit bureaus.  Keeps notes. You are going to need proof of the errors so expect to provide copies of payments, receipts, dates of phone calls, etc)   Ask anyone that disagrees with you to provide evidence as to why.
Credit Bureau contact info:
Experian: 1-888-397-3742;
TransUnion: 1-800-916-8800;

3) If all your efforts get you nowhere and you have your folder and notebook full of proof, here are three additional steps.
  • Consider contacting your state attorney general’s office to see if they can offer any guidance.
  • File a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The bureau will look into your error and report back on what it finds.
  • Complain to the Federal Trade Commission 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357)

Read More:
Mortgage Information |  Finances  |  View Homes for Sale  |  Find A Real Estate Agent  |  Random Videos and Information

Thursday, February 19, 2015

10 Awesome Laundry Room Ideas!

Because I LOVE laundry!

(Did you believe that statement? No?  Well, a spectacular laundry room upgrade might make you dislike it less.)

OK - so maybe there are more than 10 idea picture ideas below but I got carried away will all the cool pictures I was finding. Enjoy!

More LAUNDRY tips.

More Home Remodeling ideas

Yes, you can LOVE YOUR HOME!

Follow Sarah's board Laundry Rooms on Pinterest.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Is Lent the Time to Re-Start your New Year's Resolution?

If you are a Catholic, you know that it is Ash Wednesday.  
Time to give something up or make a sacrifice for 40 days.  
Did your New Year's Resolution require you to give something up? 
Well, here is your chance to try again if you are doing so well with that.