Thursday, March 7, 2013

Spring Fever: The Hunt for a Lake Home

There is so much to consider when looking for a lake home.  Some people get started knowing exactly what they want.  They have been dreaming about it and saving for years. Whether this describes you or this is the first time a lake home has crossed your mind, ask yourself these questions.

1) Will I live on the lake year-round or seasonally?
2) Location:  How far am I willing to drive?
3) What type of lake do I want to be on? Big? Private? Recreational? Stocked with fish? (This MN DNR link will help: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/index.html)
4) Do I want a lake home right on the water or would I consider a lot spit by a road or with deeded access? (Often you will find lower taxes on these lots.)
5) Am I willing to renovate an older lake home?

Of course there is more to consider when buying a home but asking yourself these questions about buying lake property will get your wheels turning!

Want to be immediately alerted when lake homes come on the market?  Contact me today to set up your VIP access to lake homes directly from the MLS where real estate agents list and find homes for their clients!
www.Facebook.com/CallSarahFirst

No comments: