Saturday, January 9, 2016

2016 New Year's Resolutions

New Year Resolution Word Cloud - More Learn Start Become


What will make 2016 better than 2015 for me? 

This question is the source question for most people making New Year's Resolutions.

Every year hundreds of thousands of people make resolutions that are mostly revolving around self-improvement. Lose weight, exercise more, save money are old stand-bys... In recent years, as lives have gotten "busier," there has been a shifting trend toward productivity and happiness resolutions.

Over the last month, I have been jotting down some of my goals, dreams and even wishes for 2016 and looking back at my goals for 2015. It spurred me to look at some of what others are posting about their resolutions and plans for the coming year. I had the words in a LifeHack article analyzed to see what popular words were in their 50 New Year Resolution suggestions (see image above).

I also saw some great ideas on Fast Company. I also filled out a form to review my last year and put my goals in writing. I checked my social media for ideas from my sphere of influence. I asked some people at work.

All in all, there was no shortage of New Year's Resolution advice and ideas online but my biggest take-away for success again this year is that you must put your goal in writing, share it with other people and keep it in front of yourself daily. So this post puts it in writing, publishing it shares it and these five things below will be copied to a daily reminder on my calendar so they stay in front of me. Here goes:

In the end, these were my 5 decided affirmation and commitments for myself this year:

  1. Keep boundaries for personal time vs work time
  2. Get help. Hire people to do things that they can do better for me or I don't have time to do.
  3. Delete "toxic" people from my contacts list and call people I appreciate and enjoy more
  4. Read one book per month that related to mental growth, business or lifestyle improvement.
  5. Commit more fully to my Miracle Morning - and get at least one person to do it with me.

These are all things that will make me happier and healthier!
What is your 2016 New Year's Resolution? Will you do any of these with me?
Comment and Share!

No comments: