Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The time is right to buy a home, however...

I got a reminder note from Curt Smith over at Bell Mortgage today and I thought it was important to share!
by +Sarah Marrinan - Keller Williams Premier Realty 


Just in case it's slipped past you, mortgage rates have been on a pretty fast climb the past 2 ½ weeks and we’ve seen the conventional 30 year fixed move from about 3.375% to 3.875% over that time.  FHA has gone from 3.25% to 3.50%.  Attached is an article from Bloomberg today that discusses some of the reasons. I don’t recall in recent memory a climb in rates this fast or steep so I just wanted to make you all aware so that you can make your clients aware.  Hopefully things will start swinging back the other way! Please let me know if you have questions or if I can be of assistance to your clients.  Thanks!Curt Smith


Please reach out if you need help finding a home or refinancing while interest rates are still at all time lows! We do not have a crystal ball or a time machine but one thing is for certain, these government subsidized low rates can't last forever.

No comments: